U.F. Football Player Arrested
What started as an argument escalated into a car chase and gun shots.Â Police say it began during a gators basketball victory celebration Monday night.
Friends of Wilson say they can't believe what went down that night. University of Florida's starting offensive lineman, Ronnie Wilson says he and aÂ U.F. studentÂ were arguing about gator sports a few days back. The argument continuedÂ that night, when the two spotted each other at a downtown club. Police say Wilson spit onÂ the studentÂ and punched him in the face. Then Wilson's friends held him back soÂ the studentÂ could get away.Â Â
"A person was calling us saying that someone had threatened him, fired a shot that may or may not have been at him, but he was in fear and wanted law enforcement to stop the guy," saysÂ Lieutenant KeithÂ Kameg of the Gainesville Police Department.
Police arrived on the scene and arrested Wilson where he was charged with two felonies and a misdemeanor.Â Police say the gun was owned by Wilson and is now being used as evidence as part of this investigation.Â Â
"Ultimately, he implicates himself in this whole incident and says yes he did fire the gun, yes the gun was his, and he fired it because he wanted to scare the victim and let the victim know what it is like to be scared of the chase," says Kameg.
Wilson was released from the Alachua County Jail on Thursday. Police say an investigation is still underway.
By Thalia Hayden,Â WCJB TV 20 News.
- UF Football Player Tased, Arrested
- Gator Football Player Arrested For Driving Under The Influence
- UF Football Player Arrested, Charged With Battery
- UF Football Player Chris Rainey Arrested
- Police: Former Gator Football Player Accused Of Choking Girlfriend
- Funeral Held For Football Player Killed At Fla. Hotel
- UF Football Player Not Charged for Involvement in Saturday Night Shooting
- Lafayette Football Player Okay After Wreck
- High School Football Player Dies During Camp
- UF Football Players Ride Along with Police Officers