Bear In Tree
Residents of a North Marion County neighborhood had a surprise visitor that drew some crowds. A black bear believed to have traveled from the Ocala National Forest, climbed up a tree early Wednesday morning and stayed there for hours. Crowds came throughout the day to admire the one year old bear. The Department of Fish and Wildlife predicted that the bear would stay in the tree until night fall. However, they were wrong.
Around 1 PM, the bear couldn't wait any longer and climbed down the tree. It then ran through neighbors yards and up to SR 200 where it climbed another tree. The bear was eventually shot with a tranquilizer and captured. It was released into the Ocala National Forest soon after.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV20 News
- Sleeping Bear in Tree
- Black Bear Falls From Tree
- Bear Climbs Up Tree for the Second Time
- Bear that Killed Goats Still on the Loose
- Time to beware of bears in parts of Florida
- Black Bear Struck by Car on Interstate
- Local Hunters Suggest a Potential Solution to "Bear Problem"
- Bear Spotted in Micanopy
- The Bear-Hair Snare
- Bear Sighting in Southwest Gainesville