Buck Bay Residents Continue Their Fight
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
While some are resigned to their fate, there's still some Buck Bay residents who aren't going down without a fight.
The owner of Buck Bay, Edwin Dix, says his property has been vandalized and he has received threats from residents who aren't happy about having to move when the park shuts down in September, 2008.
After receiving a few tips from neighbors, heÂ believes he knows who is threatening him. He askedÂ four individuals to leave Buck Bay sooner, and needless to say, they're not happy about the request.Â
"It was a matter of getting people out of the park that weren't being neighborly, and some were even making threats," said Edwin Dix.
Two of the four residents who were originally given eviction notices are now allowed to stay until September 2008 after explaining to Dix that they meant no harm.
Dix says he is not opposed to allowing the other two residents to stay for the remainder of their lease as long as they agree to behave.
- Buck Bay Residents Still Moving Out
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- Buck Bay Mobile Home Park
- Buck Bay Catches a Break
- Buck Bay Development Dispute
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Continues
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Dog Sitter Fights City Hall to Continue Service
- Students continue fight to get condoms in schools
- Gainesville Residents Continue To Clean Up After Weekend Storms