Correctional Institute on Lockdown After Officer Attacked
Florida Department of Corrections Spokesman Robby Cunningham said other inmates joined in but officers stopped the fight.
The building was locked down and more than 100 inmates refused to go back to their housing facility after the attack.
The guard who was hurt refused any medical treatment.
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway
- Residents Brainstorm Ideas for Gainesville's Former Correctional Institution
- Inmates, officers injured in riot at Suwannee Correctional Institution
- Plans For The Vacant Gainesville Correctional Institution Building
- Elderly man in critical condition after attack
- School on Lockdown After Near Abduction
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Drug bust names 49 suspects
- Aviara Apartments Owner Facing Fines After Failing To Correct Violations