Eight Students Expelled for Bomb Threats
Tuesday, the board expelled eight middle and high school kids for the next two years without offering alternative school.
The slew of threats began April 18, just two days after the Virginia Tech shooting at West Port Middle and High School.
Seventeen students have been arrested since for threats around the county. The ruling came down just a day before the end of the school year.
"I think our students are ready to move forward and come back to school next year and have school be a happy place and a place they want to have fond memories of and not memories of bomb threats and evacuations," said Judy Zanetti of the Marion County School Board.
The two-year expulsion includes the last few days of this school year and all of next. Four of the students arrested have requested hearings with one pre-hearing set for May 31. None of the students kicked out today were at the board meeting.
- Bus Beating: Students Expelled
- SFCC Bomb Threat Information
- Arrest Made in Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Bomb Threat Closes Gilchrist County Schools
- Pipe Bomb Threat Forces Neighbors to Evacuate
- Bomb Threat Arrest
- Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Bomb Threat at Orange and Blue Game
- Bomb threat at Kanapaha Middle School deemed hoax
- Marion County Health Department evacuated for bomb threat