Former Police Captain's Son is Shot, Killed
Twenty six-year-old Michael Jones of Jacksonville died after he was shot at an apartment complex in Duval County. He was apparently at the apartment visiting a female friend. Neighbors reported hearing four or five shots fired.
Michael Jones' father, Tony Jones, now serves as the community resource coordinator for the Gainesville Police Department. He has been with the department for more than 30 years.
The police department released this statement: "Chief Botsford and the GPD family are extending their heart-felt sympathy and sincerest condolences to Tony Jones and his family."
- Dixie Sheriff's Captain Killed in Gunfight, Suspect Shot
- Shooting Leads to Captain's Death and Man in Serious Condition at Shands
- Suspect Shot, Killed Following Chase
- Former NFL Player Shot by Police
- 5 Shot, 1 Dead at Williston Festival
- Man Shot and Killed During Argument, Police Say
- Two People Shot, Two Homes Invaded
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- Mother and Sons Killed in House Fire; Neighbors Trying to Cope