GRU Water Conservation
Officials from Gainesville Regional Utilities want their customers to cut back on water consumption.
The St. John's River Water Management District bans lawn watering between 10 am and 4 pm.
It is also illegal to irrigate more than two days a week.
"Odd number addresses should limit watering to only Wednesdays and Saturdays, even number addresses should limit only to Thursdays and Sundays," said Rick Hutton of GRU.
GRU officials said cutting back on water consumption helps them keep water pressure up.
- UF Study Shows Smart Forestry Techniques Can Help Conserve Water
- National Water Conservation Tour Visits Ocala
- GRU Officials working to clean 900 Thousand Gallons of Waste Water
- GRU To Pay Nearly $1 Million for Biomass Water Pipeline from Alachua
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- Residents of Local Apartment Get Some Help Conserving Energy
- NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale
- Do Farming and Conservation Go Together? Experts Say Yes.
- Otter Springs Hosts Conservation Summit
- Moving Forward To Conserve The Past