Gun At West Port
A scary incident at West Port High School has students and parents pointing fingers. Police say a student brought his mother's gun to school on Thursday.
16-year old Jacob Scott brought a gun to school Thursday, but didn't get very far. Principal Jayne Ellsperman received an anonymous tip from a student that Scott had a gun on campus. His mother says he brought it for protection purposes. Jayne Ellsperman says, the school once again came together during a tough time.
She says, "I'm very grateful that we have wonderful students that respond positively and maturely whenever there is a situation that they're concerned about."
Scott is facing third degree felony charges. West Port has not announced that there will be changes in school security because of this incident.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- West Port Senior Killed in Crash
- Belleview vs West Port Highlights
- Forest Whips West Port 59-14, North Marion and Trinity Catholic Also Home Winners
- Celtics Nip Wildcats 24-7, West Port Shoots Out Newberry 43-22, Williston Wins Again on the Road
- North Marion Baseball Blanks West Port
- West Port Blanks Belleview In Spring Game
- Ocala Possibly Becoming an Inland Port
- West Nile Virus Found in Alachua County
- First Human Case of West Nile in Alachua County
- Mid West Devastation Makes An Impact Here