Hoops, Hugs, and Hamburgers
Friends of Dante Anderson and Curtis Hampton Junior are now trying to heal and move on. But not by just sitting around feeling sad.
They were given a chance to grieve at an event put together by the Lincoln Estates Neighborhood Watch Committee.Â It was held Sunday at the Rotary Southeast Boys and Girls Club.
Grieving counselors were on hand to help with anyone who needed it. They say letting the kids come here and talk about what happened makes the grieving process easier.
There were get well soon cards for Reginald James and Octavius Miller, the other two teens who were in the accident but survived.
Counselors say during tragic times like these, it's best to let all your emotions out and express yourself. They want to remind everyone there's no quick way to grieve, it's a long personal process.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- High School Hoops Roundup 3-14-14
- High School Hoops Roundup 2-14-14
- Eastside Boys Hoops Advances to State Semifinals
- Chielfand Boys Hoops Comes Up Just Short in State Semis
- Gator Hoops Runs Past South Carolina In SEC Opener 74-58
- High School Hoops Roundup 1-11-14
- High School Roundup Hoops 12-27-13
- High School Hoops Roundup 12-30-13
- North Marion Hoops Staves Off Dunnellon
- Gator Hoops Pieces Together Lineup, Gets Win Over Middle Tennessee