Morning Accident Leaves Man in Critical Condition
Authorities said 41-year-old Marty Thomas of Gainesville was headed south on Williston Road when he crossed over into northbound traffic for unknown reasons.The green minivan he was driving clipped a white van and then crashed head-on with a pick-up truck.
Thomas was taken to the hospital and is in critical condition.
"All of the other drivers appear to be fine," said Lt. Keith Kameg of the Gainesville Police Department. "The driver of the white van walked away. The driver of the S-10 was taken to the hospital, but her injuries do not appear to be life threatening."
Because of Thomas's medical condition, officers cannot ask him why he crossed over into oncoming traffic. Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to call officer Sonny Thompson at the Gainesville Police Department.
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- One Man Still In Critical Condition After Shooting In Lake Butler
- Man in Critical Condition After Losing Control of Car
- Train Accident in Ocala Leaves One Man Dead
- Ocala Police Officer In Critical Condition After Crash
- Five-Month-Old Dead, Mom and Big Sister in Critical Condition
- Hit-and-Run Leaves Two Dead and One Critically Injured
- Nelson Mandela in Critical Condition
- Toddlers Found in Pool, in Critical Condition
- UPDATE: One dead, One Police Officer in Critical Condition After Altercation Outside Restaurant