The Alachua County's Sheriff's Office started up a new program called 'Project Lifesaver'.Â It aims to track folks who may wander off and get lost. The Pilot Club of Greater Gainesville held their fourth annual Mother's Day Fashion Show, Brunch, and Silent Auction. All of Â the proceeds went toward 'Project Lifesaver'.
Hundreds of mothers and daughters came to the brunch, to show their support for the new program. 'Project Lifesaver' funds a bracelet device that tracks people who suffer from alzheimer's, autism, or down syndrome. The bracelet keeps them from getting lost. The bracelet is proven to find people that wonder in less then twenty minutes.
Organizers from The Pilot Club of Greater Gainesville say the Mother's Day Fashion Show, Brunch, and Silent Auction raised big bucks this year. Not only was this event a fundraiser for a very important cause, it's also a great chance for mothers and daughters to bond."
Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV-20 News
- An ASO Deputy's Life-Saving Vision
- ASO Deputies Find Missing Man with Lifesaver Program
- Bo Diddley Remembered as a True Life-Saver
- Peace Ribbon Project
- Yankees Project to Relocate to Ocala is On Hold
- Duke Energy Customers to Pay More for Failed Nuclear Plant Projects
- Multi-million dollar renovation project underway for Ocala Breeders' Sales Complex
- Ocala Health begins $40 million dollar construction project
- Micanopy Town Commissioners Reject New Sidewalk Project
- Paynes Prairie Project Almost Complete