Teen Arsonist Arrested
Investigators say they've been after Burchfield for quite some time, and thanks to a tip from the public, he's now behind bars.
Ironically, Burchfield was a volunteer firefighter for the Sampson City Fire Department. So while he was fighting the wildfires, he was busy setting fires of his own.
Burchfield was arrested, and instead of spending his last day as a Junior at Bradford High School, he spent it behind bars.
"These are very serious crimes. Obviously this young man is acting out of some twisted logic, which is usually the case with people who start fires," says Sheriff Bob Milner of The Bradford County Sheriff's Office.
Investigation is still underway as for why and how Burchfield set the fires. Deputies say no one was hurt and no homes were destroyed in six of the fires, but one did damage the structure of a mobile home.
The bond for Chad Burchfield is set at seven hundred thousand dollars. He is facing one count of arson which is a second degree felony, and faces up to 45 years in prison.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Accused Arsonist Arrested in Blessed Hope Fire
- Reward offered for information leading to the arrest of arsonist
- Arsonist Sets 4 Fires in Columbia County
- Bradford Arsonist
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Teen Spends 35 Days in Jail After Mistaken Arrest
- Lake City Teen Arrested In Connection With Multiple Burglaries
- Teens Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Teens Arrested for Vandalizing Lake Weir Middle School
- Columbia County Teen Arrested for Killing His Father