Wildfire Updates and Road Closures
Updates on the wildfires:
The two fires have merged and it's now burningÂ sixteen thousand acres of land.
There are noÂ additional evacuations at this time, but previous evacuations are still in effect.Â
County Road 1471 has reopened.
There were 20 thousand lightning strikes statewide. The lightning mixed combined with drought conditions have firefighters in North Central Florida battling Mother Nature.
The Division of Forestry said the two largest fires are in Bradford County. One is close to the Alachua County line. The two fires are burning towards each other. As many as 700 people have been evacuated. Another fire is burning along the Alachua/Union County line.
The two Bradford county fires have burned up to 6,000 acres so far and no buildings have been destroyed.
Road closures are as follows:
State Road 100 from Keystone to Starke
Bradford County Road 18 bewteen State Road 100 and US 301
Meng Dairy Road
Southeast 73rd Avenue
All residents living along and adjacent County Road 1471 from the Bradford County Border south to Northeast 143rd Avenue were advised to evacuate. A shelter was set up at Waldo Baptist Church in Waldo.
Residents in the Griffis Loop area all the way to Batten Road have been evacuated.
TheÂ fire in the County Road 18 area near Hampton has resulted in the evacuation of residents bewteen 41st and 47th avenues.
Residents on County Road 18 as well as those on SE 38th Avenue (Rhoden Road) and SE 109th Street (Meng Dairy Road) were also asked to evacuate.
A shelter in Bradford County was set up at Bradford Middle School gymnasium.
For emergency information, call the Bradford County Department of Emergency Management at (904) 966-6300.
- Update: Williston Road Closures
- Update: County knew about fire station closure ahead of time
- Ocala: Martin Luther King Day March Road Closures
- List of Road Closures from Tropical Storm Debby
- Possible Road Closure in Levy County
- Troubled Waters in Cedar Key Force Road Closures
- Rising River Levels Lead to Road Closures in Levy County
- Flooding and Road Closures
- Median Closures Coming to Archer Road
- Fire Causes Road Closures in Bradford County