Alachua County Commissioners Approve Gas Tax Increase
Â By a vote of 4-to-1, Alachua County Commissioners approved a five-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase on Tuesday.
Â The increase will go into effect on January 1st, and is estimated to bring in approximately $5.5 million a year.
Â The money will be used to make road improvements throughout the county and in the city of Gainesville.
Â The county will receive 52% of the money, the city of Gainesville will receive 38%, and the remaining 10% will be split by the other towns in Alachua County.
Â Â Commissioner Lee Pinkoson was the only one who voted against the tax increase.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- County Commissioners Discuss Half Cent Sales Tax Increase
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?
- Gainesville Commissioners Approve GRU Rate Increase
- Commissioners Agree on How to Split Gas Tax
- County Commissioners Approve Road Repairs
- Marion County Commissioners Approve Panhandling Ordinance
- Gas Prices Going Up Thanks to County Tax
- Alachua County Approves CAPP Agencies Funding
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Alachua County Commissioners Figure Out Budget Cut Process