Commissioners started the process of figuring out a way to make the required cuts. Commissioners told the County Attorney to review a 12% budget reduction for this year and a 13% cut for next year so Alachua County could meet the 25% cut in the next two years.
"At 12% were already into public service at 25% it gruesome for everyone," says Paula Delaney, Chair, Alachua Co. Commission. "It's going to be a really hard thing to do."
Commissioners didn't mention any specific cuts at Tuesday's meeting. They will hold a series of meetings in August where the public will be able to make any comments and express their concerns.
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts, Pt. 2
- UF Budget Plan Includes Job Cuts
- Another Round of Budget Cuts and Declining Enrollment Possible in Levy County
- Machen says "Budget Cuts Are Over" plans to hire 100 people.
- Gainesville Police Department Braces For More Budget Cuts
- Levy County EMS Budget Cuts?
- Budget Cuts School Funding
- Budget Cuts Impact Hours, Staff at County Health Department
- Possible Budget Cuts for UF