Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Man Resentenced to Die for Killing Panhandle Teen
MILTON, Fla. (AP) - A two-time convicted murderer was
re-sentenced to death today for one of the killings after which he
had kept part of the victim's leg in his freezer.
Jeremiah Rodgers, a former mental patient, murdered 18-year-old
high school senior Jennifer Robinson and Justin Livingston, himself
mentally disabled, on two separate occasions.
Co-defendant Jon Lawrence also was convicted in both murders.
Each was sentenced to life in prison for killing Livingston.
Rodgers and Lawrence were both originally sentenced to die for
killing Robinson. But last year, the Florida Supreme Court ruled
that evidence in Rodgers' original sentencing phase was handled
incorrectly, and the case was returned to the Circuit Court for
The sentence will be automatically appealed to the state Supreme
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Machete-Wielding Man Killed by Panhandle Officer
- Panhandle Man Sleeping on Tracks Killed by Train
- Man Pulls Gun During Panhandling Dispute
- Autopsy Reveals Teen Died of Natural Causes
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Worker Dies At Panhandle Power Plant
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
- 2 Teens Killed in Crash
- Deputies: Teen Kills Father in Domestic Dispute