Marion County looks to step up school security
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The carefree days of unsearched bookbags and open school campus' may be coming to an end in one North Central Florida county.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â TheÂ Marion County school board met to discuss a proposal to spend a little overÂ 138-thousand dollars on school security last Thursday.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Marion County School BoardÂ member Ron Crawford says, "If there are ways we can make our campus a little safer, then we need to take a look at it."
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The boardÂ decided to evaluate the school's weaknesses individually and then decide if gates, metal detectors, or cameras will help.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- Following shooting, extra security for high school basketball game
- Security Changes on the way for Alachua County Schools
- SECURITY MARION COUNTY SCHOOLS
- More "green" space for Marion County; looks to improve parks
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Marion County Schools go on hiring spree
- Looking to Energy-Saving Measures to Save Alachua County Schools Money
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look