No suspects, few leads in Putnam County murder
Â Putnam County authorities are trying to locate the person or persons who shot and killed a 25-year old pregnant woman Friday night.
Â Sheriff's deputies say the woman's 5-year old son was inside the home when the shooting occured.
Â Putnam County investigators say Tyvon Whitford and her unborn child were gunned down, but they don't think Whitford's 5-year old son actually witnessed the killing.
Â AuthoritiesÂ say 2 people called 911 to report the shooting.Â One of them wasÂ the unborn baby's father.
Â Major Keith Riddick says, there have been very few clues, and no suspects at this point.Â Â "Right now we're not speculating on who or what or why. We're just following all the leads we can."
Â Anyone withÂ information about this crime is urged to call the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0800.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- 2 Murder Suspects, Teen Killed During Police Crash
- Attempted Murder in Putnam
- Deputies Arrest 14 Suspects During Meth Bust
- Arrest Made in Murder of Interlachen Man
- Card game leads to attempted murder
- Citra Murder Suspect Apprehended, Given No Bond
- Marion County Murder Suspect Captured
- Escaped murder suspect found
- Murder suspects in killing of Gainesville man caught in Alachua County
- Feds Seek Suspects, Motive in Boston Bombings