RECYCLING CENTERS MARION COUNTY
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â It's not every day that a community comes together to request higher taxes. At one North Central Florida County Commission meeting today, it was the public that introduced the possibility of paying more, to keep their recycling centers open.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â At a workshop today, they tried to convince county commisioners to throw out a proposal to shorten recycling center hours.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Marion County Resident Calvin Posthuma says,Â "I hate to say i want to raise my taxes but it's for a worthy cause."
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Ken whitehead the director of Marion County solid waste met with the county attorney after the workshop today to come up with a plan of compromise. They decided to keep all of the centers open but cut the hours. The centers will be open four days a week for ten hours, with those hours varying, depending on the day.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 NEWS
- Man Charged for Recycling Center Burglary
- Marion County introduces new recycling system for electronics
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Employees Concerned About Munroe Regional Becoming a For-Profit Hospital
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Four Schools Offer Free After School Program
- World Spay Day
- Plan to expand TimberRidge into full service hospital
- 15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash