RECYCLING CENTERS MARION COUNTY
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â It's not every day that a community comes together to request higher taxes. At one North Central Florida County Commission meeting today, it was the public that introduced the possibility of paying more, to keep their recycling centers open.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â At a workshop today, they tried to convince county commisioners to throw out a proposal to shorten recycling center hours.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Marion County Resident Calvin Posthuma says,Â "I hate to say i want to raise my taxes but it's for a worthy cause."
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Ken whitehead the director of Marion County solid waste met with the county attorney after the workshop today to come up with a plan of compromise. They decided to keep all of the centers open but cut the hours. The centers will be open four days a week for ten hours, with those hours varying, depending on the day.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 NEWS
- Marion County has More to Recycle
- Marion County introduces new recycling system for electronics
- Man Charged for Recycling Center Burglary
- Fostering Animals in Marion County
- Sandbag distribution begins in Marion County
- Prostitution Bust Sends 16 To Clay County Jail
- Curbside Recycling for Ocalans
- Curb- Side Recycling Coming to Ocala
- Christmas Light Recycling Locations
- Campaign Signs Can Be Recycled