"Success By 6"
United Way of North Central Florida granted five organizations a total of four hundred thousand dollars toward their new initiative, "Success By 6". The whole idea is to bring education to the home and to the parent before kids leave for kindergarten.
Organizers of the 'Success by 6' initiative say the program will affect more than twenty three hundred families in the community. The Early Learning Coalition is one of the organizations selected by United Way. A spokesperson tells WCJB he's happy to receive the grant, but empathizes with organizations that may not have gotten funding.
"As communities change and the change is a needed change, decisions about how funding is allocated and distributed changes as well," says Gordon Tremaine of the Early learning Coalition.
The United Way cut The Girl's Club of Alachua County funding by seventy two percent. They say they're still trying to recover from the severe and abrupt cut.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- "Hire Me First Card" Could Be Ticket to Success
- "Measure of Success" Part 3: Making It Work
- "5th Quarter" a Success at Hoggetown Middle School
- Restaurant's Fundraiser for Ocala Olympian a Success
- FCAT Success
- Big Paddling? Big Success!
- Operation Rock Star Big Success
- Public Land Plus Private Business Equals Sweet Success
- Setting Goals, Achieving Success
- Local Business Owner Expanding After ABC's Shark Tank Success