UF Orthopaedics Recognized Globally
Â Gainesville'sÂ U-F Orthopaedics Institute is one of the largest of its kind in America.Â The Institute's Director says it's being utilized by people all around the globe.
Â 100-thousand people visit this facility each year, hoping doctors will treatÂ their physical ailments.Â Physicians say a large percent of their patients are international, and facing serious surgery.Â They add that often times,Â medical care in other countries isn't as advanced.Â One of their new patients is from China.Â He just learned thatÂ he will be unable to returnÂ to his country for at least 6 months after his surgery.
"We like to keep patients here for their recovery period. If he was heading over to China it's hard because they don't offer the same type of surgical procedures we do here in the States," says Dr. Mike Moser of the University of Florida's Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute.
32-year old Lee Nan Mu from China, is being treated for a serious ligament condition in his leg.Â Doctors say it's urgent he get into surgery immediately, or the damage could be permanent.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Senator Tackles Local and Global Issues at Town Hall Meeting
- Celebrating Education: Newberry High School's Environmental Girls Make Global Impact
- Newberry Elementary Recognized for Unique Teaching Model
- High School Army Recruits Recognized in Ocala
- GPD Recognizes Officers And Citizens
- Marion County's Gold Star Mothers Recognized For The First Time
- NAACP Awards Banquet Recognizes Community Leaders
- Local Doctor Nationally Recognized
- County Emergency Team Recognized as Exemplary Program
- Mechanic Recognizes Stolen Motorcycle