4th of July Dedication Ceremony
Nearly 100 people gathered in Downtown Waldo to honor those who have served the United States with their new Veterans Memorial.
The ceremony included a presentation of colors, wreath placement, and a 21 gun salute and what makes this memorial even more special is the fact that it was all done with local resources.
"It's been a very long drawing out process," says Russ Dyson who helped build the Memorial. "But I believe that everybody on this committee did this from their hearts and that it the most important thing."
The Memorial Park also has an area where people can lay bricks with the names of loved ones and fallen heros. The City of Waldo is also in the process of trying to bring in two military arterially cannons to display on the two corners of the park.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Getting ready for July 4th
- Small Town Goes All Out For 4th Of July
- People Beating the Heat for the 4th of July
- 4th of July parade brings town together
- Alachua Prepares for the 4th of July
- July 4th Fireworks Scrapped at a Number of Military Bases in The US
- Design Diva's Craft Ideas for the 4th of July
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- Students Organize 9/11 Tribute Ceremony
- Ocala Civic Theatre: 40th Annual Awards Ceremony