City Commission Meeting
City Commissioners are making some major decisions today when it comes to granting money to public services, but there isn't as much money in the bank, as there has been in the past. The citizen advisory committee is presenting their budget breakdown for non-profit organizations, to the City Commission.
If commissioners approve the proposed plan, it could mean less money for some programs. One organization pleading their case is pleasant place. They'd have to deal with a third less money from last year.
"Each of the non profits come before the commission and basically make a case and talk about why they're requesting the funds their requesting," says Bob Woods of The City of Gainesville.
The meeting started at 3pm and city officials say they're expecting it to go on well into the evening.
By Thalia Hayden WCJB TV20 News.
- City Commission to Add Fuel Adjustment Item to Next Meeting's Agenda
- City Commission Votes to Approve Biomass Settlement, Will Hold Public Meeting in January
- GRU Customers Look for Answers and Relief at City Commission Meeting
- County Millage Rates Discussed at Commission Meeting
- Verbal Smackdown Inside Alachua County Commission Meeting
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- Joint Commission Meeting
- Special Commission Meeting In East Gainesville
- Recordings of County Commission Meeting Center of Lawsuit
- Warren Defeats Orlando by 127 Votes in Gainesville City Commission Runoff