Motorcycle Gang Bust
A group of northern bikers affiliated with the well known "Hells Angels" were arrested Monday in Levy County on multiple drug charges. They were found in a "safe house" that wasn't so safe.
Gary Wayne Taber and his wife Debi Taber were arrested for growing 36-thousand dollars worth of marijuana at their Levy County home. Deputies also arrested Patrick Houghton at the house as well. Houghton is wanted in Boston for a slew of charges.
Neighbors in the area are shocked.
Linda Ponter said she barely knew the couple, "They would wave, but you know, that was it. You just don't think about stuff happening at your back door. Oh my god!"
The three arrested are all in the Levy County jail. Massachusetts police are expected to expedite Houghton back there soon.
Levy County deputies tell WCJB the three may all face federal charges as well.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Marion County Gang Unit Hits The Streets To Crack Down On Gang Activity
- Gang Activity Popping Up in Northwest Gainesville Neighborhood
- Well-Known Chef Killed in Motorcycle Accident
- Mass Motorcycle Accident On I-75
- Sheriff's Office Warns of Gang Hoax
- Starke Man Dies After Losing Control Of His Motorcycle
- Hawthorne Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Fatal Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Crash Seriously Injures Two in Suwannee County
- Starke Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash