A Piece of History
Instead, it's a volume on the city of Williston's history. There is a narrative account of the city, and sections dedicated to the history of families and churches in Williston.
About 300 copies of "Williston: Crossroads of Florida" have already been preordered. Babs Robinson showed up within minutes of the libary's opening to pick up her copy.
"I'm a very intense history buff," says Robinson. "I enjoy it and it's a wonderful opportunity for the citizens of Williston to learn something about their community and share their own personal stories."
The 382-page hardcover book costs 57 dollars including tax. To get yourself a copy, you can call the Williston library.
By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV20 News
- Vendors Picking Up The Pieces After Flea Market Fire
- Gator Hoops Pieces Together Lineup, Gets Win Over Middle Tennessee
- Local Landmark Torn Down In Pieces
- Gainesville Landmark Comes Apart A Piece At A Time
- Volusia Schools Will Keep Using History Book
- Matheson Museum Brings Alachua County History to Life
- Domestic Violence History
- Tuskegee Airmen Remembered During Black History Month
- Preserving History
- Beating the Summertime Blues: Florida Museum of Natural History