Nearly 500 bikers geared up for a poker run, designed to help Zoie Thompson and her family raise money. This was actually the second fundraiser they've done for the family, the first earned 14-thousand dollars. The goal for today's fundraiser was to raise 30-thousand. Organizers say all money will go towards a home that'll meet all of Zoie's needs.
Organizers hope construction on Zoie's new home will start sometime this month, they want to have it completed by Thanksgiving.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- 2 Florida Children Accidentally Run Over by Mowers
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- New state unemployment website up and running with difficulty for some
- FHP hopes to Reverse Hit and Run Numbers Across the State
- Longest-running Art Festival Continues to Draw Crowds
- "Girls On The Run" 5k Marathon
- Running For Lt. Corey Dahlem
- Hit-and-Run Suspect Arrested
- Friends Are Running For Catherin Barclift
- Bank Robbers on the Run