Rapes in Jail?
He was convicted of attacking two of his cellmates at the Alachua County Jail after they said they were raped.
Randolph Jackson was convicted on lesser charges in the two cases, but now three people have filed lawsuits against the Alachua County Jail.
It was back in 2003 that Jackson allegedly raped three other inmates in the Alachua County Jail.
One of them a UF student who was in jail for one night. His attorney, Robert Rush says the night before the UF student was allegedly raped, Jackson raped another inmate who had to be taken to the infirmary.
Rush says two months before that another inmate had been raped and his family notified the jail.
"Through our investigation we found he was in charge of the pod," says Robert Rush. "He basically has free run of it, he was outside his cell was against policy most of the day was given additional privileged and benefits and that allowed him really to prey on the other inmates as they came in."
Sheriff Darnell and Senator Oelrich, who was sheriff at the time of the alleged rapes are scheduled to give depositions next week. The first civil trial is scheduled for January of next year.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Alachua County Jail Rape Case Settled Out of Court
- ASO Investigating Alleged Rape at Jail
- Jail Rape Investigation Holdup
- Rape Victim Says Rapists Should Not Have Custody Rights
- Two Arrested In Rape Of Teenage Girl
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
- Haile Jogger Attacked, Raped
- Two Men Arrested for Raping and Drugging Women
- GPD Makes Arrest in Rape Case
- Attempted Rape at Northside Park