Another Major Toy Recall
Local stores are pulling the recalled products from the shelves and offering refunds or exchanges.
The Batman Action Figure sets, Barbie and Tanner, Doggie Day Care, and the Polly Pocket Play sets are being recalled for loose magnets. The Sarge Die-Cast Cars are recalled for containing lead. Lead is toxic if ingested in kids and magnets pose great risk too.
"If more than one magnet is swallowed they can attract inside the body if can cause intestinal perforation, infection or blockage," said Consumer Product Safety Commisioner Nancy Nord.
Mattel executives say they are stepping up oversight and testing in the production process.... as a result, more recalls may occur.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Toys for Tots struggling with toy donations
- After Months of Collecting, Toys for Tots can Deliver
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Toy Drive
- Bikers Roll Through The Streets Of Ocala To Deliver Toys For Children
- Toys for Tots Receives Much Needed Help
- Toys For Tots Still Accepting Donations
- Tots Get Toys in Dixie County
- 14th Annual Toy Run
- Tots Without Toys This Christmas
- Toys for Tots Motorcycle Ride