Murder Suspect Identified
What appeared to be a minor accident, has been ruled a murder. Now the sheriff's office is betting the public can help.
Kenneth Phillips, known as "Casino" on the streets, is thought to have been one of the last people to see Derrick Wilcoxen alive.
Friday, the sherriff's office received an anonymous call saying that a van had crashed into a tree. When they checked on the situation, they found Wilcoxen badly injured. He later died at Monroe Regional.
Captain Dennis Strow says, "They also classify him as possibly armed and dangerous and if anybody knows his location we ask that they not try to take any action themselves, but contact the local law enforcement.
The sheriff's office was able to determine that the victim died from multiple stab wounds, state records show Wilcoxen has an extensive criminal history ranging from armed burglary to grand larceny.
If you have any information about Kenneth "Casino" Phillips, you are asked to call CrimeStoppers at (352) 368-STOP.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV20 News
- Murder Suspect Arrested, Victim Identified
- Suspect Identified in String of Gainesville Burglaries
- GPD Seeking Public's Help in Identifying Armed Robbery Suspects
- No suspects identified in Lake City shooting
- Suspect identified in deputy-involved shooting
- Victims Identified After Double Murder
- Police Search for Suspect in Spring Manor Apartments Murder
- Indiana Murder Suspect Arrested in Putnam County
- Citra Murder Suspect Apprehended, Given No Bond
- British Murder Suspect Commute Denied