Remembering a Fallen Hero
22 year old Army Specialist Chris Neiberger was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq on August 6. He was buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Thursday.
The ceremony began with a presentation of medals.Â Neibereger received a Bronze Star Medal and a Purple Heart and other honors.
Chris Neiberger's family was handed the ceremonial flag that draped his coffin. Then the casket was lowered into the ground.
Chris was a 2003 Gainesville High School graduate and now everyone who drives into the school will know that.
"Our community will get together and rename the street leading into Gainesville High School in his honor as we have done unfortunately for the other two men who have passed away in Iraq," says Jim Lynch, Director of Alachua County Veteran Services.
Neiberger's name will be added to the Veterans Memorial at the courthouse and to the Kanapha Veterans Memorial Park, an army plaque with his name will lay underneath a flag.
- Street Renamed After Fallen Hero
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Fallen Hero Returns Home
- Honoring a Fallen Hero
- Road Dedication Honors Fallen Hero
- Local Hero Remembered
- Remembering American Heroes
- Williston Police Remember A Fallen Officer
- Remembering Fallen University of Florida Student
- Remembering the Fallen