4th Annual Southeast Regional Firefighter Combat Challenge
About 300 firefighters came from all across the country to compete and promote personal fitness.
Firefighters dressed in full gear compete in a variety of events that mirror tasks they may have to perform on any given day on the job, like climbing towers, dragging hoses and moving simulated victims out of harm's way.
Gainesville firefighters Amanda James and Amanda Howard came in second place in the female tandem race, Meaning they'll be competing in the National Firefighter Combat Challenge which will be broadcast on ESPN.
The National Combat Challenge will take place in Las Vegas later in the year. If you'd like to help sponsor the two Amandas you can contact GFR.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- Coming Together: 4th Annual Gator Charity Challenge
- 4th Annual GPD Shop with a Cop event
- GRU Holds 4th Annual "Camp EmPower"
- 4th annual Jest Fest
- Convention goers enjoy 4th Annual Ocala Comic Con
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Completes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 26th annual Duck Pond Lighting
- Only Grocery Store in Southeast Gainesville To Close
- Prostitution Bust in Southeast Gainesville Leads to Four Arrests