Alachua County Sheriff's deputies say the victim, 30 year old Tyrone Rochelle, was shot in the parking lot of the Meridian Behavioral Health Center on Southwest 13th Street in Gainesville.
So far deputies found shell casings but no gun.
Deputies say luckily in Alachua County they're not used to working many attempted murder cases.
"What kind of example are we setting for everyone else-- our kids, people seeing the news-- we need to find other ways to settle our disputes," said Alachua Co. Sheriff's Spokesperson Art Forgey.
The victim is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries. Deputies say the victim did give them information on the shooter. They say they think they know who they are looking for.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Two Face Attempted Murder Charges In Brutal Beating Incident
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
- 14-year-old Charged with Attempted Murder
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder
- Teens Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Girlfriend's Car
- Attempted Murder Suspect In Alachua, Behind Bars