Sheriff Sadie Darnell made cutbacks in overtime, travel and training, and different programs.
Darnell had to cut her budget by 5%, but she says she is suppose to provide a service to the community and she couldn't do it if she had to reduce her budget by that much.
"Public safety is a fundamental service of government and because of the dynamics of our society I cannot work with a reduce budget and I don't intend too," says Sheriff Sadie Darnell.
Commissioners will hold a public hearing Wednesday where citizens can come and voice their concerns and comments.
- Budget Cuts to Universities Part II
- Budget Cuts to Schools Part I
- UF Budget Cuts Go Into Effect Tomorrow
- Florida's State-Wide Budget Cuts Hit Home for UF Professors
- U.F. Board of Trustees Approve Budget Cuts
- U.F. Faculty Senate Fights Back Against Budget Cuts
- More School Budget Cuts
- Pre-K Budget Cuts
- U.F.'s Faculty Union President Responds To Looming Budget Cuts
- U.F. Budget Cuts Could Hurt Neighboring Businesses