Sheriff Sadie Darnell made cutbacks in overtime, travel and training, and different programs.
Darnell had to cut her budget by 5%, but she says she is suppose to provide a service to the community and she couldn't do it if she had to reduce her budget by that much.
"Public safety is a fundamental service of government and because of the dynamics of our society I cannot work with a reduce budget and I don't intend too," says Sheriff Sadie Darnell.
Commissioners will hold a public hearing Wednesday where citizens can come and voice their concerns and comments.
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts, Pt. 2
- UF Budget Plan Includes Job Cuts
- Another Round of Budget Cuts and Declining Enrollment Possible in Levy County
- Machen says "Budget Cuts Are Over" plans to hire 100 people.
- Gainesville Police Department Braces For More Budget Cuts
- Levy County EMS Budget Cuts?
- Budget Cuts School Funding
- Budget Cuts Impact Hours, Staff at County Health Department
- Possible Budget Cuts for UF