New Jail Director
Back in May Major Robert Chapman, who was Jail Director for The Alachua County Jail, resigned in place of being terminated.
He had been on administrative suspension since February, since then Sheriff Darnell had assigned interim directors, until now.
Robert Woody, long time Gainesville resident is Sheriff Darnell's final pick to fill the position of Jail Director for The Alachua County Jail.
Woody currently serves as the Bureau Chief of Community Relations for The Department of Corrections... he has over 30 years of experience, experience he will bring to hopefully help ease some of the issues at the jail.
"We are going to have many partnerships with the county jail and with The Department of Corrections," says Sheriff Sadie Darnell. "Learning from them from a work stand point as well as a re-entry offender stand point, so Robert brings a whole host of history."
Woody will join The Alachua County Jail in January of 2008.
- No Charges For Suspended Jail Director
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
- Gainesville Housing Authority Chooses New Executive Director
- New Alachua Co. Health Director
- ARC Says Goodbye to Old Director, Hello to a New One
- New Body Scanner at Alachua County Jail
- FAMU to Hire New Director for Suspended Band
- Local Pastor and Islamic Relations Director Meet to Discuss Controversial Sign
- Family & Friends Mourn The Loss Of Grooveshark Director