Presidential Candidate Visits North Central Florida
While the Gators and Volunteers continued their rivalry on the field, a visit from Fred Thompson brought both sides together off the field.
Hundreds of Thompson supporters waited for the presidential hopeful to make his arrival right here in Gainesville.
For the past few days Thompson has been campaigning throughout the state, which could help him.
A Quinnipiac poll shows Rudy Giuliani leading the Florida GOP race with 28%, and Thompson in second place with 17%.
While greeting tailgaters Thompson told us his immigration policy. He said, "We have to secure the border. We are for people playing the rules, coming in here and being great citizens as too many people have become. But we are against illegal immigration."
Gainesville was the last stop on Thompson's Florida tour.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- Presidential Hopeful Visits North Central Florida
- USDA Visits North Central Florida
- Former Supreme Court Justice Visits North Central Florida
- Sen. Bill Nelson visits North Central Florida
- Yoho Visits North Florida Regional Medical Center
- U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson visits troops in North Florida
- South Florida organization brings drifting to North Central Florida
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida