Reichert House Receives Grant
The Reichert House has long been known as a place of emotional and educational support for at-risk boys. But the Reichert House needs support of its own.
Earlier this year Governor Charlie Crist vetoed $100,000 the state legislature approved for the Reichert House.
But Tuesday, the Alachua County school board is set to hand over the fourth of five installments of a state grant.
"Through the staff we'll receive from the grant we'll be able to provide mental health counseling to the students," said Reichert House Administrative Director John Alexander.
The Reichert House should receive about $140,000 of the quarter-million dollar grant. The other money is to be split among a handful of other after-school programs in town.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Reichert House Expansion
- The Reichert House Expands
- Largest Graduating Class at Reichert House Youth Academy
- Reichert House Employees Fired
- Reichert House Participants Put on a Horse Show at Madonna's Equestrian Academy
- Gainesville Airport Receives $998K Grant
- County Health Department Receives Grant, Plans to Expand Hours
- Williston Police Department Receives $24,097 Grant
- Marion County HazMat and Urban Search and Rescue Teams Receive Federal Grant
- Gilchrist County Receives Grant to Start Kids Back Pack Program