Alachua County Fair
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
In Alachua County, where else can you find forty five rides, dozens of animals, and lots goodies.... but the county fair.
Despite gloomy weather yesterday some people still came out and enjoyed themselves. Right now the fair is still located on Northeast 39th Avenue. But in two years, that location will change. Last year County Commissioners voted to buy property north of the airport and move the fairgrounds. But the manager of the fair says if you come out this year you'll have a good time. Irvan Covington says, "New rides from last year. we have the big roller coaster, which is the first time we've ever had a roller coaster. people are rally enjoying that."
The fair will be in town until next Sunday. About 25-thousand people are expected to participate in fair activities.
- Alachua Region Science and Engineering Fair
- Preparations For The Hoggetowne Medieval Faire
- Pigs for sale at the Southeastern Youth Fair
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire opens this weekend
- Trip to Medieval Fair takes people back in time
- Kids compete at Alachua Region Science & Engineering Fair
- Summer Fair for Parents
- Local man launches campaign at health fair
- Veterans Fair hopes to bring support to homeless vets
- Fair attraction stirring up controversy