Another Dog Could Be Victim Of Dogfighting
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Tonight, we learn another injured dog found may have been a victim of dogfighting, but this one is dead. That makes the second injured dog found near the city of Alachua this week. And it increases the possibility that a dogfighting ring may be operating in the area.
Both dogs were found just a mile apart and within hours of one another on State Road 235. But that may not be the only connection that area has to dogfighting. Today we talked with a woman who lives in the area of State Road 235 and she tells WCJB she believes her dog was stolen to fight. And some say they're not surprised. Michelle Dunlap, from Phoenix Animal Rescue says, "There are known dogfighters in the lacrosse area, hague area, the bottoms in alachua, and in alachua. all are in miles from where these two pitbulls were found."
In the state of florida it's a felony for anyone who is caught with with a spring pole, needles with steroids, treadmills or anything that can be used to train dogs for dogfighting. But in this case, it's hard to do an investigation because authorities need more help from tipsters.
- Another Vicious Dog Attack
- Dogfighting in Marion County
- More Dogfighters in Columbia County
- Possible dogfighting in Alachua County?
- Dog with Gainesville Ties Competes in Westminster Dog Show
- Solar Flare Could Impact Electrical, Communications Systems
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Fla. Workers Compensation Rate Could Go Up Again
- Lenders Warn a Long Government Shutdown Could Delay Mortgage Loans