Deputy Still Rattled by Snake
He says it happened before he knew it in the tall grass behind the Alachua County Recycling Center off Waldo Road.
The snake drove its fangs right into the muscle in his leg. He was rushed to the hospital but doctors say it was one of the worst bites they had ever seen.
"In this line of work, there's certain types of physical harms you think about that come with the job. But nothing like this, ever. It kind of makes you ready for the unexpected," said Sims.
Doctors had to remove a large muscle in his leg. It could take a up to a year for Sims to be able to get back to work.
But when he does he says he'll be ready for anything!
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- 6th Annual Rattle Battle Wing Bowl
- MCSO: deputies still searching for clues to solve Ronnie Damon's homicide
- Neighbors Report Rise in Venomous Snake Sightings
- Big Snake Ban
- Update on Toddler Killed by Pet Snake
- Coroner Confirms Snake Killed Toddler
- Syria Strike Possibility Rattles Markets
- Florida Python Hunt Opens with 11 Snakes Killed
- Confusion Plaguing "Obamacare" Still Major Hurdle in Florida
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided