Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!
Bed bugs have infested some apartments in Southwest Gainesville.
They hide in the edges of your mattress and in any cracks in your room.
Experts say bed bugs are coming into the United States from international travelers and are starting to become a problem in North Central Florida.
"There is a risk of transferring bed bugs from one home to another. You have to be extremely careful now with even your own guests who come to your home," said Town and Country Pest Control owner Jerri Morris.
Experts say avoid purchasing any used furniture especially used mattresses and box springs.
If you think you may have bed bugs wash all linens and clothes in very hot water and leave them in the dryer on high for at least 30 minutes.
If that doesn't work, you may need to call a professional.
Anne Imanuel WCJB TV20 News
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Keep Biting!
- UF Study Finds Designated Drivers Don't Always Spend the Night Sober
- Breathalyzers, Most Cop Cars Don't Carry Them
- Don't Get Ripped Off on Championship Apparel
- Ladies Don't Leave Your Purses Unattended
- Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me
- Businesses don't need the holidays to give back to St. Francis House
- Prosecutors Don't Want Trial To Be About Martin
- New Cost Effective Bed Bug Trap Developed by UF Research Labs