Fewer Buses May Cause More Problems
Fewer buses operate along the bus route from the oaks mall to butler plaza, Route 75.
The county commission paid RTS money to run extra buses on route 75, but with all the budget cuts this year, the number of buses on that route was cut back. Now commissioners are realizing maybe it is something they should not have cut back on.
"We want to see how many people this is affecting, because obviously if it is affecting 10 people we are probably not going to spend 180,00 extra thousand dollars," says Paula DeLaney, Alachua County Commission Chair.
Between October 1st and 5th which is when the new bus schedule went into effect, RTS has received over 3,000 complaints from people about the revised bus schedule.
Commissioners are looking into adding another bus to the route.
- High Fuel Costs Cause School Buses To Scale Back Their Routes
- Fewer Mills = More Money?
- JAC Closing Causes Problems
- More Rain May Mean More Sinkholes
- Lightning May Be Cause of Large YMCA Fire
- Your Health: Research Suggests Reflux May Be A Problem For Sleeve Patients
- Meth May Cause Memory Loss
- Fewer Strokes Mean Fewer Dollars For Area Golf Courses
- Children Taking Fewer Antibiotics but More ADHD Medication
- Less Money, More Problems...Alachua County Budget