Local Jewelry Store Burgaries Linked To Others Around The State
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Four jewelry store burglaries in Alachua County within the past month.Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies say the burglaries could be linked to others around the state.
After talking with FDLE officers, sheriff's deputies say the burglaries here in North Central Florida are very similar to others in Volusia County, Palm Beach County and even as far as alabama.
Deputies say a gang of burglars is hitting jewelry stores that are located close to the interstate, making for a quick getaway.
Yesterday deputies arrested a man in connection with the burglaries. Jerry Pierre of Miami is charged with first degree armed burglary. His bond is 250-thousand dollars.
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Haile Plantation Jewelry Store Robbed at Gunpoint
- Woman Files Lawsuit Against Pharmacy Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Three Marion County Facilities Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Fla. Supreme Court Upholds Penalty 2nd Time Around
- State Sales Tax Holiday is Just Around the Corner
- Young First Responders Compete Against Each Other in State Leadership Conference
- "Bong Ban," in Florida Doesn't Change Much for Store-owners
- Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application