A University of Florida student is behind bars after a woman claims he sexually assaulted her.
19 year old John Petracco was arrested Monday. According to the University Police report the woman attended an event with Petracco where she says she became intoxicated; because she couldn't make it back to her dorm, she say she passed out in Petraccos dorm room.
She says during that time she was assaulted two times.
"A lot of times when it is not a stranger type rape, that is whats involved, Alcohol and its where you're in a trusting mood where you think the person you are with you can trust to go home with," says Capt. Jeff Holcomb, with U.F. Police Department. "A lot of times it's just being aware of that, making sure you can make the proper decision."
Police say it is still an ongoing investigation, but Petracco was charged with sexual battery.
The police report also shows Petraccos roommate was in the room at the time and issued a statement.
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Marion County Man Charged with Sexual Battery
- Court Employee Arrested For Attempted Sexual Battery
- Sexual Battery Is Ruled Out In Bostick Case
- Sexual Battery on a Child
- Lake City Man Arrested for Sexual Battery on a Child
- Suspect Arrested on Sexual Battery Warrant
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Bradford County Corrections Deputy Arrested For Sexual Battery Against A Minor
- Gainesville Man Faces Sexual Battery Charges