By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
It's a crime that has left many unanswered questions. two men brutally shot while sitting in traffic early sunday morning. Now family members of one of the victims say it all happened because of a necklace.
28-year old Corey Smith is still in critical condition after being gunned down while sitting in traffic on University Avenue Sunday morning. Glass shot in the arm, Smith shot in the head. Loved ones say it probably happened from guys who go around clubs in North Central Florida taking a piece of jewelry.
Investigators say this is a frustrating crime to solve. They say the crime happened early in the morning when hundreds of people were leaving downtown. But no one is coming forward.
If you have any information call Detective Patti Nixon at the Gainesville Police Department. The number is 334-2483.
- GPD Officer Involved Shooting Update
- Weekend Parking Garage Shooting Update
- UPDATE: Sunday Shooting in Southwest Gainesville
- Shooting investigation update
- Update on 34th Street Shooting
- Shooting Rampage: Update
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Putnam shooting death
- Shooting Injures Mother and Child, Neighbors Believe the Shooting was Retaliation
- Suspect in Marion Oaks Shooting shoots himself on I-10
- State Board of Governor's Insist FAMU Updates