Alcoholic Rage Could Be To Blame For Murder
Elliot's son Bill is accused of the murder.
WCJB's Anne Imanuel got an exclusive interview with Elliott's older son who says he worried his younger brother might do something outrageous in a drunken rage.
"We were afraid somebody was going to get hurt because of his alcohol problem," said the victim's eldest son Doug Elliott.
Sheriff's deputies say his brother Bill murdered his mother, then tried to cover it up.
Bill Elliott admits to burning his mother's body, then grinding her up and scattering her fragments through a field near the home where they both lived. It's a crime that's tearing at the heart-strings of this family and the small community.
Doug Elliott says his family appreciates the outpouring of support from law enforcement officers and everyone in Live Oak.
A memorial service is set for Elizabeth Elliott this Friday at 2:30 at Melody Christian Church.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Rape Suspect Blames Alcohol For His Behavior
- Who's to Blame for the Murder of Marion County Teen?
- Accused Murderer Could Walk
- Skull Found Could Solve Murder
- John Kalisz's Murder Trial Could Be Delayed
- Verdict in Hawthorne Murder Trial Could Be Just A Day Away...
- Low Pay May Be To Blame For Regional Pilot Shortages
- Downtown Business Owners Say Homeless Problem is Out of Control- Who's To Blame?
- Undercover Sex Sting Nabs Seven Men, as Police Blame Paper for Exposing Operation
- FHP: One Person Killed in Single-Car Accident On I-75, Rainy Weather to Blame