Break In Parking Garage Murder
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
A family may have started getting justice today. When one of two men implicated in the shooting of Andrew Arosemena turned himself in. Now gainesville police say they know the name of the actual shooter.
Investigators say 22-year old Okpara Nelson shot Andrew Arosemena early sunday morning. Police say Nelson is from Gainesville, but they think he may be on his way to New York. There were about five hundred people in this parking garage when Andrew Arosemena was shot. Arosemena was up on the second floor, leaving. When police say nelson walked up to the car he was sitting in and ended his life.
Police say, he was shot in the head, for doing something every driver has done. He told two men to hurry up and stop holding up traffic. This random crime has even left law enforcement officers stunned. Lt. Keith Kameg, says, "It makes you feel sick. a young man died for nothing. he died because he was sitting in a car and wanted to leave." Antwan Maye was the accomplice in the shooting. He turned himself in just before midnight, Sunday.
Police say they want this to send a message. So whenever Nelson is caught, they're going to make sure Nelson gets the maximum sentence.
- Man Accused of 2011 Parking Garage Murder on Trial
- Possible Weapon Found in Parking Garage Murder
- Parking Garage Security
- Shooting in Gainesville Parking Garage Eerily Familiar
- Weekend Parking Garage Shooting Update
- Parking garage coming to downtown Ocala in 2016
- City of Ocala selects construction company for new parking garage
- FDOT investigating The Standard parking garage
- Fire Breaks Out at the Paddock Park Apartments
- Body of Missing Worker Found in Collapsed Miami Parking Garage