Don't Let the Bed Bugs Keep Biting!
On Tuesday they issued Arbor Park Apartments a notice of violation for still having the bed bugs.
But the complex may not be fully responsible. In their current lease agreements they state it is the tenants responsibility to deal with any bed bugs.
Code enforcers though say the lease has no bearing on their work.
"The city is going to, of course, take a position that the ultimate responsibility for code compliance resides with the owner," said Gainesville Code Enforcement Manager Jim Garrett.
He says the property managers may seek compensation from the tenants, but that's not for code workers to handle.
Code workers say Arbor Park and it's owners, Paradigm Properties, have 15 days to comply or could face fines of up to $1000 a day.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!
- Ladies Don't Leave Your Purses Unattended
- UF Study Finds Designated Drivers Don't Always Spend the Night Sober
- Breathalyzers, Most Cop Cars Don't Carry Them
- Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me
- Don't Get Ripped Off on Championship Apparel
- Prosecutors Don't Want Trial To Be About Martin
- New Cost Effective Bed Bug Trap Developed by UF Research Labs
- UF Heats Up Those Bed Bugs