There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Members of the National Coalition for the Homeless say certain cities aren't sharing food with the homeless.
They say it started in Santa Monica, California and fear it's a growing trend.
They singled out Gainesville, along with 22 other cities for having restrictions on sharing food in public.
Many local advocates agree it's just as important to feed homeless people on the street, and that should be able to happen anywhere in public; even city council.
"My understanding is that they were on public property so I don't know what the reasoning was for them not being able to serve food there.," says local homeless advocate, Jim Wright.
But the mayor says this particular ordinance is not strictly enforced. Local activists say they encourage you to share food with the homeless. Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Gainesville's One Stop Homeless Center
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve Location for Homeless Resource Center
- Homeless Population Decreasing in Downtown Gainesville
- Gainesville Area Receives Funding, Housing Vouchers to Help Homeless Veterans
- New Markers Make it Easier to Find Residents in Gainesville Homeless Camp
- The Old Gainesville Correctional Institution- Not Just a Homeless Center
- Could This be the Last Homeless Breakfast in Gainesville?
- Homeless Women and Children on the Rise in Gainesville
- Homeless Housing Makes Headway in Gainesville
- Counting Gainesville's Homeless Population