Gator Growl 2007
the 84th annual gator growl.
Even though U-F's Homecoming only lasts one week, a lot goes into preparing the event that costs more than half a million dollars.
This years theme is Nation of Champions, with a performance the rock and roll hall of famers, Lynyrd Skynyrd.
At a News Conference Thursday, band members spoke about the memories they have of playing at bars and other places in Gainesville.
The band also thanked their fans, saying their songs are what keep their fans loyal and that tomorrow will be the biggest audience they've ever played for in florida.
"This is a great honor," says the band. "The band was started in Jacksonville and of course Gainesville and the Gators have always been in our hearts, for us to come and do this it's a great pleasure, it's going to be awesome!"
The Gator will growl Friday night at 7pm!
- Gator Growl Lineup Announced
- Dana Carvey to Perform at Gator Growl '09
- Gator Growl Stage Set Up
- Gator Growl Moves To Flavet Field
- Military Vets Honored at 89th Annual 'Gator Growl'
- Gator Growl
- Live With Gator Growl Producer
- Gator Growl's Change of Venue Brings Up Security Questions
- A New Kind of Gator Growl
- 91st Gator Growl Preparations Underway