Murder Suspect Appears In Front Of Judge
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Today at the Alachua County Courthouse, family members of Andrew Arosemena and some of Okpara Nelson's family members met face to face for the first time.
It was an emotional meeting as Nelson's sister apologized to Arosemena's mother. There was also another first. Nelson appeared in front of a judge. And Arosemena's mother made sure he didn't get it. Patti Kelleher told the judge, "I'm afraid of flight. he has a driver's licence. I don't want him leaving."
Arosemena's mother got her wish. The judge did deny bond. The judge also appointed nelson a public defender. And told him he couldn't contact Arosemena's family or his alleged accomplice, Antwan Maye. Later today the grand jury met and they decided to charge nelson with more than first degree murder. He also faces charges for firing a gun in a vehicle. And with the possession of a firearm by convicted felon.
- Triple Murder Suspect Makes First Appearance
- Suspect Makes First Court Appearance After Fatally Stabbing Gainesville Man
- Accused Murderer Pedro Bravo Appears Before a Full Courtroom
- Teen Makes First Court Appearance for Dunnellon Murder
- Suspected Murder in Hawthorne
- Quadruple Murder Suspect Behind Bars
- Murder Suspect Arrested, Victim Identified
- Southern Pines Murder Suspect Turns Himself In
- Marion County Murder Suspect On The Loose
- Marion County Murder Suspect Captured